Sionic has accelerated its global growth across financial services with the appointment of five internationally-known Partners to join its specialist practices in North America, Europe and Asia. These latest hires come just six weeks after the firm rebranded as ‘Sionic’, following the merger of Catalyst Development Ltd with Sionic Advisors in Spring 2019.
Switzerland: Philip Biber joins as a Partner in the Wealth Management & Private Banking Practice, based out of Geneva. Philip is one of financial services’ most distinguished experts and formerly Founding Partner and Chief Operating Officer at MBaer Merchant Bank. His previous roles include COO for HSBC Global Private Banking EMEA and Global Head of Private Wealth Management Operations for Deutsche Bank, New York.
Singapore: Charles (Chuck) Bokman joins as a Partner in the Wealth Management & Private Banking Practice, based out of Singapore. Charles is an Asia specialist and former Managing Director of Synechron. He was previously Managing Director at Accenture Singapore, having held Partner roles at both Capco and PwC.
North America: Robert Cranmer joins as a Partner based out of Toronto. Robert is a Chartered Accountant and Capital Markets specialist, with a focus on the regulatory and reform drivers and dynamics of banking change. He was previously Capital Markets Lead for Deloitte, Canada, having held Chief Operating Officer posts at both Investec and Barclays South Africa.
UK & Jersey: Paddy Lewis joins as a Partner in the Wealth Management & Private Banking Practice, based out of London. Paddy is an expert in asset and wealth management. He was formerly Head of Investment Platforms and Solutions for UBS Wealth Management, following senior roles at Laing & Cruickshank, Merrill Lynch and Wise Speke.
India: Manoj Rane joins as a Partner in the Group Risk & Capital Practice, based out of Mumbai. Manoj is a foreign exchange, rates bonds and derivatives specialist and regular commentator on industry matters. He was formerly Head of Global Markets at BNP Paribas India, following senior roles with Standard Chartered, Bank of America and IndusInd Bank.
Sionic CEO Craig Sher comments:
“This is a dynamic time for Sionic, with a stellar set of senior hires and further geographic expansion fuelled by growing global demand for our services. We only hire the best in the business, and I am delighted to welcome Philip, Chuck, Manoj, Paddy and Robert as five of financial services’ finest. I also look forward to announcing more new arrivals and new bases in the US, Europe and Asia shortly, as Sionic continues to expand worldwide, at pace.”
Notes to Editors
- Sionic specialises in business and people performance for financial services with expertise in financial crime, compliance and cyber security; risk, regulation and change; asset and wealth management; data and technology; leadership and organisation development.
- Sionic has a staff base of more than 300 professionals based worldwide. The firm’s clients include corporate and investment banks; clearing houses and exchanges; major and boutique asset and wealth managers, private banks, private equity, hedge and fund administrators; insurers and re-insurers.
- Sionic has main bases in North America, Europe and Asia: Bogota, Jersey (Channel Islands), London, Madrid, Mumbai, New York, Singapore, Toronto and Zurich. The firm also has a longstanding presence in Tokyo and is currently planning additional new bases in the US, Switzerland and Hong Kong.
- Sionic Advisors and Catalyst Development Ltd, including Knadel, announced their merger on 8 April 2019
- The merged business announced its rebrand as Sionic on 18 June 2019.
Read more here