Sionic has accelerated its growth across financial services with the announcement of Geneva as its latest location. Sionic-Geneva joins Sionic-Zurich as Sionic’s second Swiss base, sixth European base and eleventh office worldwide. Sionic-Geneva will officially launch on 27th November, with a private breakfast event for family office clients, focusing on the theme of Robotic Process Automation.
The Sionic-Geneva team is part of Sionic’s Wealth Management & Private Banking Practice, led by Sionic Managing Partner Gilly Green. The Sionic-Geneva team is led by Sionic Partner Philip Biber, a specialist in wealth management and private banking. Before joining Sionic, Philip was a Founding Partner and Chief Operating Officer at MBaer Merchant Bank, having held previous roles as COO for HSBC Global Private Banking EMEA and as Global Head of Private Wealth Management Operations for Deutsche Bank, New York.
Sionic-Geneva will focus initially on the Swiss family office and asset management market. Sionic also plans to introduce its wider portfolio of services, including financial crime and control, risk, regulation, technology and change services to global, domestic and private banks, asset managers and family offices located in Switzerland.
Sionic CEO Craig Sher comments:
“Sionic is rapidly proving itself to be one of financial services’ fastest-growing firms. Our ambition is to be the world-leading specialists in financial services, offering a full range of expertise to clients worldwide. Philip Biber has an outstanding reputation as one of the leading experts in his field and the combination of our new Sionic Geneva team with our existing Zurich base, means we can offer market-leading specialist expertise in the most technically demanding areas of the Swiss market. Combining that with our wider portfolio of specialist services means we can both address the concentration of clients within Switzerland and use this latest new base as a strategic part of our wider European expansion.”
Philip Biber adds
“Sionic-Geneva represents a major investment into exactly the areas of wealth management and private banking in which we excel. Having worked with many Geneva and Swiss-based clients throughout my career, I know the opportunities on offer, and am excited by key areas of growth. I also have a great affection for this city and country. I’m therefore delighted to be establishing Sionic-Geneva as the latest location from which we can bring Sionic’s market-leading specialist services to existing and new clients alike.”
Notes to Editors
- Sionic specialises in business and people performance for financial services with expertise in wealth management and private banking; finance and fund administration; financial crime, compliance and cyber security; risk, regulation and change; asset management; data and technology; leadership and organisation development.
- The firm’s clients include private banks, private equity, hedge and fund administrators; major and boutique asset and wealth managers; corporate and investment banks; insurers and re-insurers; clearing houses and exchanges.
- Sionic-Geneva is the latest in a series of expansion moves undertaken by Sionic, following the merger of Sionic Advisors with London-based financial services specialists Catalyst Development Ltd, including asset and wealth management specialists Knadel, in Spring 2019.
- Sionic is growing rapidly with a staff base of c 300 professionals based worldwide and main bases in North America, Europe and Asia, including Bogota, Geneva, Jersey (Channel Islands), London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Mumbai, New York, Singapore, Toronto and Zurich. The firm also has a longstanding presence in Tokyo and is currently planning additional new bases in the US and Asia.
- Each year, Sionic hosts a number of keynote events in each of its global locations. The inaugural Sionic-Geneva client event is a private breakfast for family office clients taking place on 27th November 2019.
- For more information see sionicglobal.com
You can also read the story here: